9. What does Protestant Reformation mean?
The protestant reformation is the 16th century religious, political, intellectual, and cultural upheaval that splintered the catholic church in Europe.
10. Why do we have many Christian faiths today?
Martin Luther fought verbally against the church in a matter of what was right and wrong, and what was ethically correct. His harsh words and influential text that spoke a cold truth caused the catholic church to begin breaking apart into multiple different faiths.
1. Where is Luther from?
2. Why did Luther become a monk?
Luther was caught in a violent storm and he vowed to become a monk if he survived the storm.
5. What is practiced by the Catholic Church was Luther Upset with?
- the satisfaction to forgive sinners -- slide 5
6. What does recant mean?
-to say that one no longer holds an opinion or belief or opinion.---slide 6
7. A person holding an opinion at odds with what is generally accepted. (Slide 7)
8. Excommunicated get kicked out from church fro good. Martian Luther was excommunicated from the church because his writings were seen as conflicting with the teachings of the church. (Slide 7 and 8)
Who did Luther agree with that only the bible is the authority of Christianity? Augustine signified the preeminence of the bible instead of the church. Luther begin to believe this as well.
What is the name of Luther's writing that challenged the Catholic Church?
- 95 Theses (Slide One)