Cold War: Vietnam War
B. Vietnam War
Answer the questions.
Use the History.com link from the Cold War
Roots of the Vietnam War
1. Explain how Vietnam had been split after WWII.
2. Who was in control of Vietnam after WWII?
When did the Vietnam War start?
1. Which European country left Vietnam in 1954?
2. Korea was split at the 38 parallel. Vietnam was split at the ??
1. Who were the Viet Cong?
2. What leader did the U.S. support in Vietnam?
1. In 1961, why was President Kennedy fearful of the "Domino Theory"?
Gulf of Tonkin
1. Who was killed in Vietnam that made Vietnam unstable?
2. What gave President LBJ the authority to bomb N. Vietnam?
3. What year did the U.S. send troops to Vietnam?
1. How did General Westmorland define success in Vietnam?
2. Why did the Viet Cong never lose confidence in their fighting?
Vietnam War Protests
1. Why did the public lose confidence in the Vietnam War?
1. Explain the Tet Offensive.
1. Explain Vietnamization.
My Lai Massacre
1. What happened at My Lai?
2. When and where did the largest Vietnam War protest take place?
Kent State Shooting
1. What happened at Kent State?
1. When did the Vietnam War end?
2. How much did the War cost, and what effect did the War have on the U.S. economy?
1. In what war did the Tuskegee Airmen participate?
2. Why didn't the government have confidence in the Tuskegee Airmen?
3. What was the objective of the Tuskegee Airmen?
4. Were the Tuskegee Airmen successful?
5. What problems did the Tuskegee Airmen face when they arrived back home in the states from war?
A. Why did the world plunge into WWII in 1939?
Use 4 Documents. Cite evidence from each document that supports your answer.
B. mrelpers.weebly.com "Pearl Harbor". Watch both YouTube Videos. President Bush and President FDR. Create a Venn Diagram (How are the speeches alike and differ?). Use your earbuds please.
C. Book Reports are due next week.
2. Cite Evidence
3. Picture or Illustration