Imperialism Media Presentation:
*Groups at each table will Present Info
*Presentations are Due Monday Feb 1st
*Everyone must have these questions completed by Thursday
*Questions 1-6 can be answered using the website
1. What is imperialism?
2. What occurred at the Berlin Conference?
3. Analyze the pictures that are displayed on the website.
4. List and explain the motives behind imperialism.
5. What are some pros and cons of Imperialism?
6. Literature. What is Rudyard Kipling’s opinion of imperialism? Please site evidence from passage.
(Handout. Sub should have 9 copies. 1 handout for each table)
Please read the passage and answer the questions.
Please give sub the handout back when finished.
What product in the 19 century did the British discover that the Chinese would buy? What impact did this have on China?
What was indirect rule and why did most Europeans use it to control their colonies?
What was "economic" or "business" imperialism?
Identify & briefly describe a native society that successfully resisted European rule during the 19th Century?
How did Europeans successfully colonize Africa?
3 Details for each.
Please define the following.
factors of production
Complete worksheet. It is not a quiz.