1. Pocahontas was a symbol of peace. John Smith thought he was the best man in any room.
2. John Smith was culturally insensitive. At 16, he left home to fight. Smith was kept as a slave.
3. What happened when Smith was a slave, and why he killed his owner.
1.) Knew It: They traveled through the Chesapeake Bay. Smith fought as a mercenary.
2.) Learned: A statue of Smith stands at the sight of the settling. Smith killed his master and escaped.
3.) Something I want to learn more about: Smith being captured and turned into a slave.
1. I knew that the colonists went to settle in Virginia
2. I did not know John Smith tried to form a mutineer.
3. I wish they talked more about Pocahontas.
John smith was bound in chains and set free so he could rule the new land that they claimed. John smith was very particular in knowing his resources such as food, weapons, and transportation so he could be positive on what needed to be done. I want to know more about how he was captured and exactly what he did to escape slavery and kill his master.
I already knew that John Smith was an explorer and a great soldier.
I learned that John Smith was one of the cofounders of America.
I want to know more about the war between the Spanish and the Turks.
Knew it: John Smith was let free at the peninsula. John Smith was the Cofounder of America
Learn: Smith was captured by the Turks, but kills his master and escapes. He makes back to New England.
Something you want to know more about: I want to know more about John Smith and the war.
I did not know that Smith had been in chains when they first arrived.
I did know that Smith had traveled a lo before he got to the "new world" and that he was in charge of the military.
I would like to know more about the travel over to the "new world".
I did know that John Smith had been involved with Pocahontas. I didn't know John Smith fought as a mercenary and was knighted. I want to know more about John's earlier life like when he was a slave, when he killed his master, etc.
1. John Smith was a key figure in the settlement of Virginia.
2. Virginia named after Queen Virginia the First.
3.I want to know more about the strategic placement of the English settlements in the new world.
Already knew it - I already knew that when they first arrived, they arrived in Jamestown.
Learned - I did not know that he was a mercenary.
Something I want to know more about - Why was John Smith set free instead of executed?
1. I knew that Spain had control over the south.
2. I didn't know that John Smith was supposed to be excited upon arrival. I also didn't know that he had been both a mercenary and a slave.
3. I want to learn more about the journey across the ocean.
Smith was captured as a slave in Hungary, John Smith was assigned to be the leader of Jamestown, Why did John Smith start a mutiny on the way to America?
1. I already knew who John Smith was and what he was like.
2. I leaned that John Smith was sold as a slave when he was captured.
3. John Smith's slavery and how he broke free seems interesting to learn.
1. I knew that they traveled through Chesapeake Bay
2. I didn't know that John Smith fought as a mercenary.
3. I want to know more about Smith being a slave.
1. I already knew that she was a symbol of piece and was forced to marry some other guy that she didn't like.
2. I learned that John left his home at 16 and wanted to go explore. He fought in the army. He wanted to go on a world wide adventure. All he wanted to do was explore.
3. I want to know more about how John Smith lived his life after the war and after he was captured.
1. Already Knew: Jamestown settlement
2. Didn't Know: Smiths background
3. Interesting: They had specific plans of where to go and where to settle.
1. I already knew that John Smith was the co- founder
2. I didn't know that Captain John Smith was bound in chains because he committed mutiny.
3. I want to know why he committed mutiny while on his voyage.
1. I knew that John Smith had to be set free once they reached Virginia.
2. I learned that John Smith led the military in Jamestown.
3. I want to learn more about John Smith's life before Virginia, his childhood life.
1. Spain had controlled part of the U.S.
2. John Smith came in as a prisoner.
3. I want to learn more about the people of Spain taking over part of the U.S.
1. I knew John Smith was one of the founders of the New World.
2. I did not know John Smith left home at a young age, traveled, and had adventures.
3. I'd like to know more about explorers' backgrounds.
1. I already knew John Smith was captured by the enemy.
2. I learned that John Smith left his home at the age of 16 to experience adventure and that he decapitated 3 man at war.
3. I want to know more about how evil and vicious John Smith was in war.
1) I knew that John Smith had associated with Pochahontas
2) That John Smith traveled to the new world
3) Missionaries that traveled to the new world
1. I already knew about the love story of Pocahontas and John Smith because of the movie Pocahontas.
2. I didn't know that John Smith lead a mutiny while traveling over to America.
3. I want to learn more about John Smith's life before coming to America. It sounded very exciting.
I already knew that Pochontas and Smith had a "relationship".
I learn that John Smith kill 3 gerenals in one duel. And he was a savage warrior.
I want to learn more about Pochontas
I already knew that Pocahontas was married to John Rolf.
I didn't know John Smith was almost executed by his own people.
I want to know more about the Native Americans who lived there.
1. I already knew that John Smith was one of the men who founded Virginia.
2. I learned that Smith wanted to explore at a young age and was interested in the world.
3. I'd like to learn about other explorer's backgrounds.
1known as the age of reason
2 started in 1700's
3 400 years ago
4 ended debatably in the 1800's
5same time period as the renascence.